Junior National Show & Leadership Conference Entry Deadlines
The 2018 AIJCA Junior National Show & Leadership Conference will be held in Des Moines, Iowa, June 17-22. Early Registration/Ownership deadline is May 1. Late Registration/Ownership deadline is May 10. Click here for registration forms and complete show and contest rules!
Listening & Learning Industry Session – July 14, Virginia
Join us Saturday, July 14 at Virginia Tech University, Blacksburg, Va., for the AICA Listening & Learning Industry Session. This event will feature an opportunity for producers and industry stakeholders to discuss the value of innovation and the most effective ways of utilizing Charolais genetics in today’s beef industry. No Registration Fee! RSVP to the National Center for Beef Excellence – email@example.com. Click here to view session schedule and hotel information.
AICA Sire Selector Tool
Learn how to utilize the AICA Sire Selector Tool by viewing this instructional video. Brett Spader of the National Center for Beef Excellence will discuss the valuable ways to utilize the AICA Sire/Dam selector to identify genetics according to EPDs, TSI index and additional search parameters at the Commercial Committee Meeting during the Spring AICA Meetings at Harrah’s North Kansas City, March 26. Click here to use the AICA Sire Selector.
A Brief Explanation of the AICA Data Policy set forth by AICA Board of Directors:
- The Board of Directors had been presented with inquiries on access and use of the AICA pedigree, performance and genomic database.
- It was determined that a policy was overdue that would address the rights and use of this data as the use of this information has evolved over the past several years.
- The Board considered the policy as a structure moving forward that would help to protect the integrity and value of the collective data accumulated by the membership of AICA, and to protect the overarching assets of the Charolais breed.
- • The AICA Data Policy seeks to protect the membership’s data submitted to AICA from third party access.
- As the policy states as a conclusion, “This Data Policy shall be reviewed periodically by the Board of Directors of the AICA to insure that it meets the needs and goals of the AICA and remains current and consistent with scientific and AICA policy standards then in effect.” This provides for a manageable policy that can be updated as additional considerations are brought forward.
- Complete AICA Data Policy may be viewed in the AICA Rules & Regulations Article XXIV.
Collect Seasons of Charolais Prints: White on White, Maternal Pride and Call to the Herd
Limited edition of 100 prints. Image area of 14.5” x 18.5,” ideal for 20” x 24” frame. $150/print payable to AIJCA, includes shipping. Proceeds benefit the American Charolais Foundation – Youth & Education. Contact Kaitlyn Chism to order. 816-464-2474 ext. 201 firstname.lastname@example.org
Listening & Learning Industry Session Videos & Recap
The Inaugural AICA Listening & Learning Industry Session held September 13 connected commercial cattlemen, Charolais breeders and industry stakeholders from 7 states at the Noble Research Institute, Ardmore Okla. View speaker interviews and panel discussion videos here.
CHAROLAIS—VALUE, VERSATILITY & PROFITABILITY
Charolais breeders have done a great job of creating cattle with the genetic potential to get big and put on pounds. That’s good for us. We’re in the business of selling beef!” Todd Sigmon, operations manager for Dinklage Feedyards in Nebraska and Colorado, depends on Charolais and Charolais-cross cattle.